Friday, June 4, 2010

This Week in Weight Loss

I'm getting frustrated with my lack of posting.  I've been swamped lately.  The Music Man is starting to eat into my time and things are picking up for the end of the school year at work.  It's hard for me to concentrate on losing weight when I'm not blogging, so I'm going to make an effort to scribble something weight-loss related down every day. 

On Tuesday morning, my wife, Claire, and I thought we'd try switching to morning runs.  We went on our very first run and Claire took a nasty spill on the sidewalk, where she left a good chunk of skin.  I ran home to get the car to bring her back.  She was in rough shape for a couple days but has been improving dramatically.  She may even be up for exercise again by the end of the week.

I went home with a stomach bug on Wednesday.  I don't know what it was, but I felt like I was carsick.  Gross. 

I think I'm going to take another stab at The Daily Plate.  I've been doing better at controlling my eating, but I think I might be taking in just a touch too much food.  What I really need is someone to follow me around with a clipboard writing down everything I eat.  Oh man, wouldn't that make all of us eat a little better?

I went for a run last night.  I amuse myself a little every time I go for a run to scan in at the gym.  My health insurance covers $15 or $20 of my gym membership and it's been tougher to get to the gym the required 12 times a month when I have outdoor running in my training schedule.

Later this morning, Claire and I are taking off for her home town to visit her sister.  I'm taking her Senior Portraits, which I'm very excited about.  I think I have the tools I need to make sure I don't overeat this weekend.  I'm planning on exercising every day I'm down there. 

So that's where my life is.  You're all caught up now.  I'm feeling good about where I am and I'm expecting a good weigh-in next Monday.  Maybe not 251 pounds, but good nonetheless.