Monday, June 1, 2015

Duluth

On Friday we packed up the car and headed north to Duluth, Minnesota. 

My friend Nolan was getting married and the wife and I took the day off work to go to the wedding.  We had a great time.  The ceremony was up on a hillside and had an amazing view of the harbor.  As both the bride and groom are finishing masters programs in music, there was really great music at ceremony and the reception.  I played name that tune with some friends while the jazz trio played.  Nothing like a bunch of music teachers trying to out-music each other.  Overall, it was a really great night and I couldn't be happier for the bride and groom.

Some highlights of the night:
I never once felt stuffed
I passed on seconds at the buffet, though the food was AMAZING!
I only had one beer.

Some things that could have gone better:
I forgot a belt and my pants kept falling down.  Luckily the reception venue was very close to the Duluth Trading Company where I paid way too much for a belt.  So for the rest of the evening, instead of being preoccupied with my pants falling down, I was preoccupied with how much I paid for that damn belt.
They had a sweet and salty bar.  I probably ate too much candy.


I really tried to eat healthier on this trip.  We went to Subway over Culvers or DQ on the ride up.  I purposely let myself be hungry a couple times.  I just kept reminding myself it was okay to feel hungry.  The rest of my body felt fine, but that hunger really bothered me.  I had a burger and fries on Saturday for lunch, but I'm not concerned about one meal.  My problem is EVERY meal (and between meals, come to think of it).

Bottom line, I'm proud of the choices I made on the trip.  I'm also proud of this little cutie who traveled amazingly well.
Here are some other pictures from the trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment