Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ankle Update

I went to the chiropractor yesterday.  I go every few months or if my back is hurting.  I talked to my chiropractor about my ankle.  She told me the spot that in pain probably wasn't in an area that could be adjusted, but she worked on it with the ultrasound.  I thought ultrasound was for imaging, but apparently there's another use.  She rubbed some kind of device on my ankle for maybe ten minutes and it felt like nothing was happening.  By the time I paid my co-pay my ankle felt like I'd just had an internal application of Icy-Hot.  It was weird.  I'm not a big fan of the sensation Icy-Hot causes.  It lasted for maybe an hour.  I've felt hardly any pain in my ankle since.  Hopefully, it stays relatively pain free.

She also suggested I wrap my ankle if I'm going to be on it and to ice it again.

I'm wishing I had gone to see the doctor about it when it happened.  I don't think there's any long-term damage, but looking back, it was kind of stupid to try to power through it.

Hindsight, Andrew.  Hindsight.

No comments:

Post a Comment