Monday, July 21, 2014

Counting Calories

have an unhealthy relationship with food.  There's a lot of emotion tied up in it for me.  I'm most guilty when I get home from work.  I have a giant hole inside me and it needs to be filled with food.  If I'm not gorged after one snack, I need another, and another.  Until I'm filled with peanut butter and regret.

Today I downloaded My Fitness Pal for my phone.  Now, I've had MFP on my phone on and off for years.  If not MFP, then FatSecret calorie counter or LoseIt.  None of them have ever done a whole lot for me.

I'm not going to say it's going to be different this time, but I did manage to log everything I ate today and still come in under budget.  That plus a thousand calories lost on my bike commute today and I had a very good day today.  +1 momentum.  

Here's to tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew -- nice to see you blogging again and back on the weight loss journey! I too have used a bunch of fitness apps, but never with any sort of consistency. I really should give them another try.

    ReplyDelete