Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Reindeer Run

I finally ran my first 5k!  It was probably my biggest fitness victory during my hiatus.  I was lucky enough to share the experience with my incredible wife, Claire.


Every year the Marines sponsor a 5k run in Minneapolis to benefit Toys For Tots.  It's a great organization that gives Christmas presents to low-income families.  I had just finished the Couch to 5k program for the first time though I've started 3 or 4 times now.  Some of my co-workers decided to run the race and Claire and I joined them.  We trotted through the race and finished.  I don't recall the time, but we finished.  There were tons of people there.

Some of the costumes were really impressive.  We saw the star of Bethlehem, lots of reindeer, some Santas, and even a few Christmas trees.  It was a ton of fun!

We emerged weary but victorious.

As a reward, we both bought new running shoes.  Claire found a pair that she loves in the first place we looked.  My shoe shopping adventure is a whole other story.

1 comment:

  1. Congradulations on your race. It looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete