Monday, December 27, 2010

No Weigh-In Tonight

Happy Monday everyone!  I've been running around celebrating Christmas with my family and the in-laws.  Right now we're in Columbus, Wisconsin.  Unfortunately, I didn't pack my scale.  I'll make up for it by doing measurements when I get home.  I can't say I feel bad about not bringing the scale.  I'm not expecting a loss this week.  I've been doing a pretty lousy job of exercising and eating right.  I've been treading water for six months now and need to re-energize my life.

Once I get back in the saddle at home, I'm going to start a fresh three-week challenge at the gym.  For those of you who are new to my blog, last January I spent three weeks going to the gym every day.  They say doing something every day for three weeks builds a habit.  I'd have to agree with that.  Until my schedule no longer allowed me to, I made it to the gym four to six times a week. 

I need to make it a habit again.  Starting next Monday, I'll be going to the gym every day for three weeks.  No exceptions.

So there it is.  The promise that I'm going to get back on my feet starting next week.  It's hard to be confident because I haven't been able to make the scale move down substantially in months, but I need to remember that in 2010, I lost over 50 pounds.  I have been successful.  I will be successful again.

5 comments:

  1. i will join you i hope i have this cold/flu gone by next monday. i will go to the gym for 21 straight days from monday. we can do this we have to do this like you i lost over 50 pounds since june then in novmeber i got lost and been lost since time to be found again and refocus now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing 50 pounds in 2010 was an INCREDIBLE accomplishment, and you should be very proud of yourself for all the hard work it took to go it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your three weeks idea AND I think I'm going to borrow your idea. :))))))) Here's to 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Digger...it's a great accomplishment. Many kudos to your sir. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across your blog. 50lbs+ is a helluva accomplishment. Reminds me of my failures (gee, thanks). Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete