Saturday, July 21, 2012

I Love My New Neighborhood!

Note: I wrote this on Tuesday night but decided not to publish it until Thursday because I have a couple other posts in the cue.

I love going for runs in my new neighborhood.  I'm less than a mile from the Mississippi and about two from St. Anthony Falls and the historic Stone Arch bridge in Minneapolis.  For those of you not from the area, Minneapolis was founded because it was near Fort Snelling and St. Anthony Falls on the Mississippi, which was used to power sawmills and flour mills.  Names like Pillsbury, Gold Medal Flour, and General Mills all come from Minneapolis.  The Stone Arch bridge is an old railroad bridge converted for pedestrian use and both sides of the river are filled with artifacts from the boom of the milling industry in the early 1900s.

Exploring my new neighborhood makes me excited to go running and seems to give me a little extra energy.  Here are some pictures I've taken on runs.  Forgive the lighting levels, I went out a little late. 







And since we're living in the future, here are the details of my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment