Friday, May 29, 2015

Dealing With Disappointment

Hey Andrew, what happened?  How did you gain all that weight back?

Shut your damn mouth, hypothetical questioner.  Mind your own business.

What's that?  You're just a writing device I'm using to bring up a topic in a more interesting way?  Sorry I snapped.  I'm just feeling a little sensitive about my weight.  I might not have the most healthy body image right now and confronting my weight candidly is still really hard.  Maybe that's why it's more important than ever to write about it.

I feel like attributing reasons for gaining weight is making excuses.  I'm responsible for everything I do.  I need to be candid and compassionate simultaneously.

So what better way to explain my backslide than a BuzzFeed style list, complete with a click bait title?  Stay tuned.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're writing again! I myself have gained an embarrassing (for me) amount of weight the last couple of years and really need to start thinking about how to reverse that. As someone I actually know and care for, your blog is a great motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for whatever reason it doesn't show my google photo... but this is Julia. :)

    ReplyDelete