Monday, March 21, 2011

Weigh-In Results

Happy Monday everyone.  It's time for a weigh-in. 

239.9.  I lost 1.4 pounds this week.

I don't get it.  I've been exercising less, eating more, and still managing to lose a little weight each week.  I feel like I've gained weight.  The only thing I can think of is that I'm losing muscle.

It's hard to motivate myself to eat right and exercise if I'm losing weight without doing anything.  I know all of you are probably telling me to shut up right about now.  A loss is a loss and I should be happy. 

I just don't feel like I earned this one.

It does, however, feel really good to be below 240.  It's been months since I've been this far and I feel like I could make some real progress in the next couple weeks.  I feel like if I push now, I'll make some big steps in the right direction.  I don't know where the ammunition is going to come from, but I've got to find it somewhere.

Where do you find your motivation?

2 comments:

  1. This has happened to me before, when i lost weight even though i knew that in fact i was a little bigger. i attributed it to muscle loss as well. there's really no way to tell, but what i did do was amp up my strength & cardio training for the next few days so i felt like my body could catch up to the number, & i lost more weight & got back on track. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a possibility: When you work out and manage to build muscle, that muscle requires more calories to function. And so, even if you feel like you've been eating more than you should, your body is using those extra calories to help the muscle you've been developing. This has also been speeding up your metabolism. So even if you haven't been sticking to your workouts, what you've already accomplished in your workout is speeding up your metabolism (this is where the patience of diet and exercise pays off).

    My comment: Keep working at your workouts. Pump it up a bit if you feel like you've been slacking and think with your stomach, not your brain when it comes to food. You're body is the best thing to listen to when it comes to food. :)

    Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete