Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What I Hate About Myself

I hate my chin.


Now that you've seen it, I'm sure you hate it too.  It's pretty gross.  It's the reason I have a beard which my wife, Claire, has never seen me without.  I shaved it once five or six years ago and I looked like this.
That's me on the left.  People get us mixed up sometimes.  It's the hair.
I'd like to be able to at least have the option to ditch the beard without looking like a huge chubo.  Even with the beard, I'm not happy with how I look.  I'd like to think that when I reach my goal weight of 196 pounds, I'll have a nice chin with a strong jaw line, but I don't know if that will happen.  I'd like to say, "Be happy with what you have," but that attitude doesn't help me lose weight.

What do you want to change about yourself?

3 comments:

  1. The beard makes you look more mature and sophisticated anyway. When you get to your goal, shave it off and see how it looks. Bet you will like the results. I wouldn't mind changing my hair color again. Tired of all this gray and white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't do any big changes till the goal day and you'll be very surprised and pleased...I'm like that with shorts/bathing attire...my legs are disgusting (veins and chub) but I have high hopes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try the shave. Maybe it's another change you need - a milestone if you will.

    I've had acne for 14 years or so and scars from chicken pox from 5 years before that. While there's nothing I can do about either, they are part of who I am. They may have even helped people realize my talents and personality instead of just how I look.

    I need to get back into fitness though, thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete