Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cheating

Diet, we need to talk.

I've been cheating on you.  I want to say it was just a one time thing, but it's not.  I've been sabotaging our relationship for a while now.  It started with a snack every now and then, but it's gotten out of control.  Chocolate, cookies, fries, I even bought a bag of cheesy popcorn the other day.



I don't know if I can stop cheating all together.  But I don't want to keep it a secret anymore.  I'm want to be open, honest, and accountable.  I don't want to leave you, diet.  I want us to work it out so here's what I'm going to do.  Every time I eat something I don't plan on, I'm going to log it on a cheat sheet that I can share on my blog.  Here's the best part, I'm going to post cheat sheet tweets on twitter using the hash tag #cheatsheettweet (unless a reader can think of a better tag) for the world to see and scrutinize.  Hopefully, shame will keep me faithful.

Diet, I'm sorry.  In my defense, I am human and make mistakes.  I just want to move forward from here.

5 comments:

  1. Have no memory. Move on. Yesterday is done. You can only control today forward. Step up and get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheating sucks, in all aspects.

    You might want to change your hash tag to #cheattweet. #cheatsheettweet just seems too long IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. Keeping ourselves in check with our goals is one of the hardest things to do in life-we always have an excuse for our 'bad' behaviors. :)

    Keep working at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can you do to prove that Diet will take you back? Cheesy popcorn, that's pretty sleezy...

    I think it's more cheating on yourself IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like #treatcheat isn't taken. I might take that one.

    ReplyDelete