Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 5

I've just completed my fifth day in a row at the gym.  I'm feeling pretty good.  There's not any baggage yet.  I'm just going in and working out and that's that.  I haven't put any pressure on myself to have a good weigh-in.  Right now it's just about building habits. 

I also haven't been pushing myself that hard at the gym yet.  I've been doing 20-40 minutes on the machines every day, and some days I work up a pretty good sweat.  I'm a little frustrated I'm in worse shape than I was a year ago, but that is pretty easily canceled out by the pride I feel in actually following through and exercising. 

Yesterday I slowly and carefully jogged over icy sidewalks through Northeast Minneapolis because I didn't realize the gym closed at 8 on weekends.  It wasn't bad other than my undershirt riding up due to my upgraded belly size from when I purchased it.  I ran down a street that was full of old warehouses converted into artist lofts.  It was super cool.  All told, I "ran" just over a mile.

I've been trying to restrain myself when it comes to snacking, but I'm not beating myself up just yet if I do eat something I shouldn't.  I'm going to build a better me habit-by-habit and exercise is where I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment