Friday, July 3, 2015

Cheating (On My Diet)

I've had a few cheats in my diet this last week.  I'm going to put them all out in the open and maybe receive forgiveness from the diet gods (or myself).

On my birthday I had a burger, fries and a big ol' piece of cheesecake.  It was delicious and made me super jittery from all the sugar in it.

I was having a really rough night one night and my wife gave me eight chocolate chips.  I kid you not, she gave me eight chocolate chips and told me to eat them because I needed them.

A couple days ago some friends showed up at my door and we went out. I had a beer and three burgers.  I didn't have lunch that day, so I'm impressed with how little I ate.  I did go home and have a bowl of popcorn to myself that night.

Last night I got a burger and fries from a restaurant called The Anchor.  Sooooooooooo good and soooooooooooo greasy.  I also missed lunch yesterday. 

I also had a non-cheat last night.  Claire found an ice cream at Lunds called Arctic Zero.   I won't go into it too much, but it had minimal sugar and didn't hijack my brain's pleasure centers, which I really appreciate.

Overall I'm doing right a lot more than I'm doing wrong.  However, there's still plenty of room for improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment