Monday, July 6, 2015

Chocolate Chips

The other day I had a little bit of a breakdown.  I've been struggling recently with recharging my introvert batteries.  I love my wife and daughter more than I could ever say and really like work, but I'm always around people and I'm fried from interacting.  I needed time alone and I wasn't getting it and I had a little breakdown.

In these situations I normally eat.  I just wanted to eat the crappiest food I could find, and lots of it.  Suddenly this change of diet thing that I've been doing a pretty good job with seemed impossible.  I couldn't keep going.  I was never going to make it to a healthy weight.  I was going to struggle for a couple months and throw in the towel.

Claire saw me spiraling and gave me 8 chocolate chips.  8 little chocolate chips.  These were the mini chocolate chips too. 


It wasn't about the sugar, it was about the recognition and support.  Claire saw that I was in pain and helped.  I felt loved. 

I still need alone time, but I'm doing better than I was.  And I didn't eat the whole bag of chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment