Friday, December 25, 2009

Incentives and Ideas

The wife and I got a little money for Christmas.  It will probably go into savings or something boring and responsible like that.  I'm going to advocate for some money to be set aside to buy a toy for the camera.  I'm very quickly becoming a photography nerd and have my sights set on a flash gun.  Anyway, I think I'll put it on the list and see what happens.

I've come up with a couple more ideas.  I found a website with a training program for doing 100 push-ups.  You test yourself at the beginning of a 6-week course and follow the appropriate schedule of how many push-ups to do at a time, then reassess every two weeks.  This is a goal I'd like to be able to realize.  My brother, who is studying in England has offered to start this with me in the middle of January.



The second idea I've come up with is taking a picture of everything I eat for a week and post it to the blog.  I think it would make me aware of what I put in my body and accountable for it as well.

I keep coming up with all these little ideas but I've had trouble following through with anything I've done so far.  I also don't want to bite off more than i can chew.  I still have trouble keeping things out of my mouth and I can't seem to make myself get as active as I want to be. 

The prospect of training for 100 push-ups really excites me.  I feel it's a long-term goal that isn't really long-term.  My record for doing push-ups is 30 at a time.  That's up from around 10.  I feel like 100 push-ups is attainable.  It will be something I can be proud of on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment