Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bike Ride and Work-Out Pledge

I am so lame.  It's been almost a week since I posted last.  I need to not do that.  So what's happened since I've been gone?  I got sick again.  I even went to the doctor on Wednesday to have a throat culture.  Don't worry, I don't have strep.  Not that it's contagious over the internet (I think).  I'm feeling much better now though.  I am kinda bummed I didn't get to exercise until yesterday.  I'm doubling up today by doing Kettle Worx and going for a bike ride. 

That's right, I went on a bike ride.  It was about 45 degrees today so I decided to fill up the tires and hit the road for the first time this year.  The roads were really good but when I went to go take the bike trail around a nearby lake I discovered the pedestrian trail wasn't plowed so everyone was using the bike path.  It was a mess.  I nearly fell off my bike a couple times to avoid pedestrians who suddenly moved in front of me to avoid puddles.  I'm sticking to the roads for a while.

I've been thinking I should do another exercise pledge.  It's been a long time since I've done one of these and I could really use a hard-core cardio session so here's how it works.  You decide how long I work out for by doing certain things.  You can follow me on facebook or twitter, leave a comment, or donate to a charity.  As of right now, I have 212 followers on facebook and 138 followers on twitter.  For each additional follower on either of those two, I will add 30 seconds to my work-out.  I will also add 30 seconds for each comment you leave.  It could just be words of encouragement or maybe some advice or even your life story. 

I'll also be adding 30 seconds for each dollar donated to the Special Olympics for my Polar Bear Plunge on March 5th.  If you don't know the details, I'll be jumping in freezing cold water (I live in Minnesota) as a fundraiser.  You can donate here!  Just let me know you donated so I can add your dollar amount to my total time.

Here's a picture from last year's plunge.

That's me on the left.  Yeah, the fat one.




So there it is.  Four ways to get me to bust my hump cardio style next Friday at noon.  Follow on Twitter, "like" me on Facebook, leave a comment, and donate to my Polar Bear Plunge effort.  If you did all four, that would be awesome, but I'd be happy with a comment. 

See you tomorrow for the weigh-in!

6 comments:

  1. Youuu Cannn do IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire that you are taking on a workout pledge. Way to push yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with the Workout Pledge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect day for a bike ride!! I bet it felt amazing to spend time outside again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have some kind of contest that lets your readers decide what you will wear for the plunge.

    ReplyDelete