Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Calorie Tracking: Day 3 of 21

I did a good job counting my calories the last three days, but now my body is begging me to feed it.  It seems the worst time is about 9:00 in the morning.  Maybe I need to move a little calorie consumption to breakfast and away from dinner or lunch.  One of my co-workers pointed out to me today that I was walking funny.  I'm still sore from Monday's foray into the kettlebell DVD adventure. 



It still feels like a big chore to count my calories, but I'm trying to stay dedicated to it.  I have to keep telling myself that this will pay off on Monday's weigh-in. 

I'm a little frustrated that I'm re-losing weight.  I worked so hard to get this weight off in the first place and what happened?  I got complacent.  I still exercised, but I didn't push myself.  This kettlebell program is reminding me that exercise should be work.  I don't mean work as opposed to play.  You can get some great exercise playing.  Think of basketball, not chess.  Lots of fun can be had while getting really intense exercise.

That's it for me tonight.  I'm worn out from too much everything.  In what ways do you have fun burning calories?

7 comments:

  1. I like the elliptical. But I'm interested in the kettlebell program you've been doing.

    Curious - do you workout in the morning or at night?

    Colleen
    Goodbye, Fat Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my workouts in the evening. I hear they're even better for you if you do them in the morning, but I can barely get going on time as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, i just found your blog! I love it. Congrats on your sucess! I'll be staying tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew,

    What are you eating and what time are you eating it? You might need to change to something that's high in fiber or is primarily whole grain. These things will make you feel fuller longer. You might also try snacking on something little - like celery or my go-to: baked mini pretzels. It might be enough to ward off the hunger until lunch time. Also make sure you're drinking enough water. I know that was one of your goals. I keep a bottle of water with me and take sips all day. I typically drink about 4 bottles of water/day (67 ounces), in addition to any coffee or tea I might have.

    Good luck, and keep posting!!!

    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to go snowboarding to exercise.

    Keep tracking calories!! Build that awesome habit!!

    ReplyDelete