Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Weigh-In Results

I have been sick this week.  It's the kind of sick where for the most part my body has felt fine, but my lungs and throat decided they're trying to kill me.  It's sidelined my exercise ambitions a little, but I've been eating pretty okay.  Well... with the exception of THE ENTIRE WEEKEND.

Thursday was my birthday.  We went to a barbecue my realtor put on.  By the way, if anyone is looking to buy a house in the Twin Cities area, I can't recommend Becky Christensen enough.

I ate okay.  The worst thing I had was the sugar in the ketchup and the white bread in the buns I ate.  My kid, on the other hand, ate so much sugar she literally puked.  All over her mother.  Normally she eats pretty healthy, but it was a special occasion so she got fruit snacks and a juice box.  And YARK.

On Friday we had an electrician over and our power was out so we went out to Noodles and Company.  Holy carbohydrates!  Saturday my family took me out for my birthday at Sen Yai Sen Lek.  If you haven't been, go (if you're in Minnesota)!  So good!  I think pretty healthy too.  I got the Laab.  It looks like this and tastes like heaven.

Sunday we went to a Mexican restaurant for my wife's cousin's birthday.  The food was equally amazing and it filled my tummy.

I also had some cake and various other sweets my wife brought back from a baby shower.

I make no apologies.  I didn't eat the best, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.  Instead, I'm going to hop on the scale and keep moving forward.

So what's the number?

284.0

I lost 2.8 pounds this week and 8 pounds total.

I actually weighed myself on Thursday at almost 2 pounds lighter than this, but my weekend of eating cost me 2 pounds.  I'm going to say it was worth it.  I didn't deprive myself and I'm ready for another week of healthy eating.



No comments:

Post a Comment