Thursday, June 23, 2016

Where I'm Going

So I told you where I've been, and where I am.  It's time to tell you where I'm going.

If you recall from yesterday's post, I've been banking my posts.  This one will be published on Thursday.  "What's Thursday?"  You might ask.

To which I'll respond, "The day after Wednesday, named after the Norse god Thor."

"Wow, that's cool!  I didn't know that.  But what's so special about this Thursday?"

This Thursday is my birthday.  I'm turning 33.  So far I haven't had any major baggage with this birthday.  It's not a big milestone like the birthdays divisible by 10.  I'm still relatively young and healthy (other than my weight).  I like even numbers a little more than odd ones, but this one is divisible by 11 which is cool.  I'll take two threes in a row.  That seems lucky.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Sorry, let's get back to our regular programming.

I've already lost 5.4 pounds since I started blogging again.  I wish every week I could post as big of losses as the first week of eating right.  And do it without some biggest loser level scandal or major surgery.

I want to lose 1-2 pounds a week over the summer. I'm going to lose 1-2 pounds per week over the summer.  My overall goal this summer is to lose 30 pounds.  That would put me at 262.2 pounds by September.   Here's how I'm going to do it.

Last summer I cut sugar out of my diet almost entirely for a couple weeks.  Very few carbs, no sweets.  I waged war on anything carbohydrate.  This summer I'm taking a slightly different approach.

No sweets on a regular basis.

I'll eat less flour and hidden sugar as I can, but I'm not going to beat myself up for it.  The key is to keep as much sweet stuff out of my diet and hopefully my hunger level will go down at the same time.

I'm going to start exercising more too.  Step one there is to bike to work every day.  I biked once last week and my damn chain broke.  If that happens again, I'm ready.

After that, I'm going to try to get my exercise level up in other ways.  Claire has been doing kettle bell workouts.  Maybe I'll join her.

So that's my big secret.  Exercise and eat better.

That's not to say I won't indulge from time to time.  I'll probably eat something just awful for me tonight.

It is my birthday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment