Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blog of the Week and a Digital Postcard

So I forgot to post my blog of the week on Thursday.  I was too busy feeling lousy and pessimistic and not very good at all.  Things improved when I tried on my old red jacket and it fit!

Rachel at Body by Pizza left the following comment on Thursday's post:

'Not eating as well' as you'd 'like' and 'plateau' in the same sentence? Could these two somehow (somehow!) be related?

She's exactly right.  It's so easy to make excuses.  I've done so poorly at monitoring my intake.  Really poorly.  Here's the plan:

Week One: Monitor everything I eat on The Daily Plate even if I take in 10,000 calories in a day.  

Week Two: Stay within The Daily Plate's recommended calories (somewhere around 2600).  Keep recording everything I eat.

Week Three: Cut my daily calorie consumption to around 2200 calories a day.

I've got to get better at logging my consumption.  If I don't know how much I'm eating, I'm going to keep self sabotaging.

Thanks for the much-needed ball busting Rachel.  Body by Pizza is this week's Blog of the Week!  I'm a sucker for blogs with awesome names.  She's lost 107 pounds already and she's shooting for a 121 pound loss.  Go check her out.

Claire spent last night with some relatives for a girls' weekend in Minneapolis.  I was "bachin' it" as my dad used to say when my mom was away.  So I went over to my friend, Jake's, house and things got pretty wild.  Don't worry, I didn't eat or drink everything or go over on calories or anything.  I went for a run and a walk yesterday too!  We decided we needed to use the remote control on my camera and make a stop motion video.

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present to you our first stop motion film, Happy Easter: A Digital Postcard.  Enjoy.


7 comments:

  1. Video was awesome! Loved the song too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all parts of your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BPP is pretty amazing. Not to mention painfully brutal which is what most of us need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that should have said BBP not BPP...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome video. And HEY. THAT'S ME! Thanks for the love.

    ReplyDelete