Monday, April 26, 2010

Weigh-In Results

I just finished Week 4 Day 1 of C25k.  It's starting to pick up in a big way.  I went from walking half the time to walking a third of the time.  I'm really starting to feel like a runner.

It's Monday night and I'm regretting eating out every meal this weekend.  Every single meal was either at a restaurant or the hotel's continental breakfast.  I ate pizza, fries, french dips, and lots of diet coke.  I felt gross.  Just gross.  There wasn't a lot I could do about it though.  We were cleaning out my grandma's house and we couldn't use the kitchen because it was getting packed up too.

I tried really hard to make the best of a bad situation and order a reasonably healthy option at every opportunity.  I had a few salads rather than fries.  I had chicken instead of burgers.  I even skipped out on a chance to have a Dairy Queen blizzard.  I feel like I exercised a lot of self-restraint, but I wasn't sure if it would be enough.

Let's take a look at how I did.




YUSSS!!!  I lost 3.9 pounds this week!  That makes 32.9 pounds total.  I'm still on a bit of a bump from being sick, but I'm headed back down. 

I realized recently that I've stalled enough in my weight loss that in order to make my goal, I have to lose more than 2 pounds a week every week until the end of November.  As of this weigh in, I have to lose an average of 2.16 pounds a week to stay in the game.  I can do this and I will.  I am losing 100 pounds in a year.

11 comments:

  1. Go Andrew!!
    Good job on the decision making this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I was a little skeptical when I read that you ate out so much, but 3.9 is a great loss for the week.

    Keep it up. You should be able to do the 2.16 pounds per week. Just stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay hard at it -- and maybe a little less fried, greasy foods (we understand the circumstances though). Way TO GO on teh 3.9 pound Loss! That is awesome.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on the running!! :) Running is tough, and getting started is the most difficult time! Do you have a goal for when you are running your 5k?? You know I've already told you I'm doing it with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are enjoying the C25K even though it's getting tough. Well done on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great job, Andrew! Way to push through a potential obsticle. Impressive, man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I'm so impressed that you lost weight even with all the eating out. Shows you really have made a change in how you are dealing with food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa I was worried when you listed what you ate. Way to go on the loss! Keep it up! No sliding backwards

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing! Doing a great job, it is inspiring to here your determination and self motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job! Keep it up. For reference, to lose 2.16# per week you will need to have a deficit of 7992 calories each week. So you need to burn 7992 calories more than you eat. So your BMR + working out - food = deficit. That has helped me a ton in losing weight. I have 49# to lose and so far have done 20# since February. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete