Monday, July 25, 2011

Weigh-In Results

So It's been a while since I actually wrote a weigh-in post on a Monday so that's a victory.  Two years ago today, Claire and I got married.  Two years ago we looked like this.





Today, we look like this:

This picture makes me giggle.  Anyway, it feels good to be thinner.  I've still got a long way to go.  I'm sure I'll live longer based on the weight I've lost so far, but I want to be around Claire and that drag queen for as long as possible so I need to turn it up and get to a healthy weight.

Here's how much I weigh this week.
I gained a pound.  Gross.  All I can say is if all goes according to plan, I'll be taking it and a lot more off this week.

Yesterday I said I was going to bike a marathon every day this week.  I did not disappoint today.  I biked a total of 27.5 miles.  That's the farthest I've biked in recent history.  Here's the map:

I doubled around the lakes and decided to cross the mighty Mississippi into St. Paul today.  According to the Daily Plate, I burned 2,811 calories on my ride.  That makes me feel better about my mini-binge when I got home where I took in 600 calories of cottage cheese, fiber one bars, almonds, and a mini-ice cream Snickers bar.  I gotta get that under control.



So Claire, happy anniversary.  Over the last two years, you've given me the strength to make myself a better man.  You've challenged me when I've needed it most.  And you've made me incredibly happy since the day I met you.  I've got 47.6 pounds to go before I reach my goal.  With you by my side, I know I'll be able to do it.

1 comment:

  1. You have made incredible strides in upping your exercise, maintaining your weight loss and being mindful of what you are putting in your mouth. All of these are really important in sustaining weight loss in the long term.

    From someone who knows!

    Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete