Saturday, February 13, 2010

So Sleepy

Today was better.  I was 100% cookie dough free.  I'm very satisfied with that since I've been home all day (I don't work on Fridays).  The monkey isn't off my back yet, though.  I'm having some terrible cravings for sweets.  I recently heard that when you eat sugar, it makes your body crave more sugar.  So if I have the cookie dough, not only will I take in 150 calories I'd rather not put in my body, I'll also give myself more cravings I'll need to fight off later. 

I'd like to thank everyone for their advice on how to deal with cravings and emotional eating.  I particularly found Carly's comments about making food I don't want to eat inedible.  I don't know if I have enough strength to pour ketchup (or catsup for that matter) into a perfectly good jar of peanut butter.  I'm engaged in a war against my own temptations.  I need to keep focused on my goal at all times.  I need to lose this weight by any means necessary, even if that means acting a little crazy at times. 

My gym visit was pretty good.  I didn't spend as much time on the elliptical as I wanted to, but that's okay since today is a strength day anyway.  I experimented with some machines I haven't used in a while.  The one that really hurts right now is that weird thing that holds your legs while you exercise your back and butt.  My back is a bit sore.  I hope it's better by tomorrow.

I did my 100 push-ups training workout for tonight.  I'm upset that it's taken me two weeks to get through one week's worth of exercises, but I'm not upset.  I finished my week.  I thought I'd have to start this week over, but it looks like I'm well on my way to 100 consecutive push-ups.

I need to post a new blog-of-the-week.  I'll do that tomorrow.

I'm literally falling asleep as I'm typing.  I'd better get some sleep.  In college, a friend of mine was taking notes in calculus (I think it was calc. anyway) and nodding off.  She ended up writing the sentence "this will help in Kung Fu" in the middle of her notes.  To avoid appearing that silly, I'm going to stop here and get some rest.

3 comments:

  1. There are so many of us rooting for you, and mirroring your struggle with our own. Your accomplishments are just that, never forget that. They are not diminished by time or hurt or setbacks, because they still ARE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife made a couple of batches of cookies today. Knowing it would be hard for me, she always puts nuts in them. I can't stand nuts in cookies! So it isn't to much of a temptation.

    I went to my car club meeting today. Before i went to my buddies house I bought a Subway roast beef. My usual 640 calorie foot long. I knew they would have had pizza, and that it is too tempting. Sure enough. It smelled sooo good, but I stayed far away from the table. I did good.

    Hope you consider my blog for your blog of the week. I think I made a lot of progress this last week. Not in weight, but in my mind.

    Tom
    www.ihategreenapples.com

    ReplyDelete