Monday, March 8, 2010

Polar Bear Plunge Pictures and Weekend Warrior Results


Last week was a very busy.  Now, I don't want to make any excuses.  I managed to complete my first week of logging my calories on The Daily Plate.  I didn't get 7 hours of sleep every night, but I came close all but Saturday night and I got a nap on Sunday.

Before I talk about how I did for the Weekend Warrior Challenge, let's take a look at the goals I set:


1.  Exercise Friday, Saturday, and Sunday spending a total of 2 hours working out.  That's only an average of 40 minutes per day.  I can do that.
2.  Continue to log everything I eat on The Daily Plate.  I'm anticipating a little trouble with this one as I'm going out for Indian food tonight.
3.  Jump in a frozen lake for charity.  Okay, this one doesn't have anything to do with my health.  But I thought I'd give it one more shameless plug.  I'll post pics and a video next week.

Now let's see how I did.
1.  I exercised on Friday and Saturday.  Sunday was my rest day.  I exercised for about 80 minutes total.  40 minutes short of my goal.
2.  I logged everything I ate on The Daily Plate.  I went over on Saturday with how many calories I consumed.  I'm sure I'm taking in too many calories, but tune in tonight to see what the scale says.
3.  I totally jumped in a frozen lake for charity!
I successfully completed 2 of my 3 Weekend Warrior goals.  I'm going to view that as a small victory.  Because of the Polar Bear Plunge, I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time.  We ate out and I spent time with them instead of exercising.  Hopefully, life will go back to its previous pace now and I can really focus.
On to the Polar Bear Plunge.  It was awesome!  I got there around noon and my jump time was 1:15.  I took some awesome pictures of the event.
 
These were the first brave souls I saw jump.  The look on the guy on the left's face is priceless.
 

The Speedo/Water Wings combo is the most underutilized in all of swimming.  I wonder why.
 

My friend, Liza, was there.  Read her blog here.



Merkins are making a come-back.  Gross.
 

This is probably my favorite plunge team.  Not because of the wedding theme but because of the woman on the right.
 

That's amazing!

  
These are not the world's largest ice cubes; glaciers are. 

 
 
Oh crap.

 
 
Big splash!


 
Must. Get. Out of Lake.

 
 
I survived.  I'm in a hot tub.  Everything is great!

 
 
My lovely wife is happy to see that I survived.

I'm really glad I did this.  I'm excited to do it next year when I'm thinner.  For the first time in a long time, I felt comfortable enough with my body to be shirtless in public.  I still cringe a little when I see the pictures (especially when I compare myself with the three thin guys I jumped with).  I had a great time and can't wait 'til next year.

Thank you so much for your donations!  I managed to raise almost $500 for the Minnesota Special Olympics.  Who's up for a plunge next year?

8 comments:

  1. that's tremendous!! how long did it take you to warm up afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! I could never do that - never!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures!!! I'm so glad I came out and watched! As lame as this might sound, it was the highlight of my weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jumping into that lake is so crazy but awesome that you did it!

    That picture if Liza is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Liza gets high marks. You guys in the bathing suits look good too.:-)

    ReplyDelete