Thursday, January 6, 2011

The New Blogger

Greetings!

As tonight is my first post, I don't have any numbers to share with you.  I will be weighing myself and measuring and keep you posted on pounds/inches lost.  Maybe someday I'll share the starting numbers. :)

I have joined Andrew's 21 day challenge, like many of you.  I have been exercising before this, but after 4 days straight my body is already screaming for a break.  A few weeks ago I purchased a Malibu Pilates chair from e-bay.  The chair is good for resistance and toning.  It came with DVDs and they have been challenging and fun so far.  The best thing about them is they are only about 30 minutes each: just about the length of my exercise attention span.

I have also been counting my calories every day.  I have tried doing this before by myself but it is just too easy to lie to myself about what I really ate.  We've all done it: claiming only 1 bite-size Snickers rather than 3.  By lying to myself in the past nothing changed and I gained no positive results: only frustration.  However, this time there is a change.  I'm having Andrew help me.  While it is easy to lie to myself it is impossible to lie to Andrew.  I have too much love and respect for him to lie, even over something as little as how many bite-size Snickers I ate that day.  I don't mean to say that I hate myself, or I have low-self worth; but rather I can't lie to the love of my life.

Next week I will hopefully be able to share some lower numbers with you.

bientôt,
Claire

PS
I thought I'd share a thoughtful picture with you.

5 comments:

  1. Are you two the cutest freaking couple or what? Way to go, Claire. I have a short exercise attention span too, and 30 minutes is sometimes pushing it. So I workout as hard as I can in those 30 minutes.

    Looking forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on the workout time. Before my old gym closed, I could easily workout for 45-55 minutes, because the tv was there, I would talk with people... But now that I'm at a new gym, the atmosphere changed. No one talks to anyone and it feels like a basement (no windows..). So I have a hard time going there. But I tried Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and that is a 20 minute hardcore workout! She really asks you to push yourself to see the results. So maybe someday that can become part of your DVD collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! The Malibu Chair! I wondered if it was really good. Looks fun to do. I have the Winsor Pilates Circle and it kicks my ass. It's also just 20 minutes...and totally doable and toning. Sadly, I have a clingy, whiny, insomniac baby that doesn't let me do that workout anymore.

    Can't wait to see your progress!!!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! It sounds like you and Andrew will have a lot of fun together doing this! I look forward to reading your posts, too! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, new follower ;)
    what a great blog!
    I look forward to seeing all your goals achieved

    ReplyDelete