Friday, January 14, 2011

Results!

To all-

Claire again.  I have been successful this past week in keeping up with the 21 day challenge.  We are now half way through it.  The first 5 days or so were the hardest, but the last 5 have been invigorating.  After my body has gotten used to the workouts, it's not as painful, but I am requiring more massages.

I have NOT been successful at counting my calories, BUT I know I have cut back on my eating.  After about 5 days of counting I realized that it is not my meals that are too much, but the snacking between meals.  So long as I only have regular sized portions, I eat about 175 calories for breakfast, 300-350 for lunch, and about 400-500 for dinner.  So even at most the meals are only bringing in about 1050 calories a day - so even with a 120 calorie ice-cream treat during the day, I still have about 400 calories to work with.

However, that can be taken over quickly by a bite-size snickers here, a medium white mocha there, and some sweets later.  To solve this problem, I am allowing myself 2 or 3 snacks a day, my choice, BUT they have to be either a fruit or veggie based.  For example, celery with laughing cow cheese, or a banana with peanut butter.  This helps me to get enough servings of fruit and veggies, while still helping me to get whatever I'm craving (usually sugar or salt).

I'd have to say this system is working quite well for me so far.  This week I lost 4.7 pounds.  I will be reporting my inches lost every month, as that is the recommended reporting period.  I am very pleased with my results this week.  While I do not expect, nor think it good to have such a huge loss every week, it is wonderful to have such a great start!  If I can lose another 6 this month and then 1.5 or 2 pounds every week after that I will be quite pleased.

I have begun to notice the difference in a few shirts, and my goal is to lose about 2 pant sizes.  I would be thrilled with 3, but would feel I had truly succeeded if I managed to lose 2 sizes.

That's all for this week.  I hope to bring you good news next week!

and to all a good night,

Claire

3 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    I just started following you and I love your blog. Please join my weight loss blog and lets support eachother!

    Awesome job on your success!
    See you soon,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report! I have been a bit higher than my calorie goals, but I have remained active. Whew! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!

    I wonder if having the larger-calorie meals in the morning would be better for you? It might mean more energy in the morning and could possibly burn off more during the day- for example how much of our dinners remain unused while sleeping?

    GREAT loss this week!

    ReplyDelete