Friday, January 22, 2010

My Most Embarrassing Wedding Photo

My wife had a friend from law school over tonight.  The conversation turned to wedding stories and the chaos of the wedding day.  For those of you who have never been married, let me just explain one thing.  No matter how much planning you do for your wedding day, it is chaos.  Any chance you have to shove something in your mouth you take.  Which brings me to my least favorite wedding picture.  I swore I'd never let it see the light of day, but I'm serious about transforming myself into a thin, healthy person.  So here is a photo I'm incredibly ashamed of.



Here's what I look like today.



I've still got a long way to go and my beard needs trimming.  Also, ignore the awkward expression on my face.  I'm still quite fat, but I feel a lot better about how I look now.  

I'm a little worried about how I'll do in the next weigh-in.  I've been getting surly about not having any rest days at the gym so I think my body is rebelling by craving terrible foods.  Cake here, extra servings of tacos there, snacking between meals.  I think I just need to gym it up for three more days, then make sure I start planning my meals. 

1 comment:

  1. I just celebrated my 4th year with the wife. I know what that is like. Don't feel guilty. Just get back on track. If your body says to rest, then rest. If the gym becomes something you stop looking forward to, then for the future that won't help. Maybe instead of the gym, go right when the Mall of America opens, and walk all the floors briskly. Take the stairs between floors etc. It will break up the routine and has the space to do it. Plus it will be warm and dry too.

    Hang in there bud. I think weigh day will be fine. A loss will be a loss.

    Follow me on my journey at http://170lbstogo.com
    "I Hate Green Apples"

    Tom

    ReplyDelete