Monday, January 4, 2010

Weigh In and Gym Results

Here it is, the much awaited (by me, many of you probably don't care) weigh in.  I can't believe the results.



I was hoping for maybe 289, but HOLY CRAP.  I don't know whether or not to actually believe this.  I think I need to.  I've been thinking for the past few days that 100 pounds was an unrealistic goal, but today's results are super encouraging.  I might actually make it!

A co-worker told me about a website where you can make goals, sign a contract, and it will keep you on task.  The thing that makes this website unique: you can set it up to donate money to an "anti-charity" if you fail to meet your goals.  I could set it up to donate a dollar for every pound I fall short of my goal to the George W. Bush Presidential Library or NAMBLA (probably not NAMBLA, come to think about it).  I did some research and the website is called stickK.  The extra K in the name is legalese for contract (I asked my wife, a law student, she confirmed it).  Now, you don't have to donate money to an anti-charity, but it would sure light a fire under your ass.

Lastly, I went to the gym tonight.  32 push-ups.  A new record!  I realized that I've never done 32 push-ups in my entire life.  I'm so pleased.

In closing, I'm proud of myself but slightly skeptical of my results.  I think I just need to take this victory in stride and focus on duplicating the results next week.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow Tralle!!!! 9.7 lbs is AWESOME!!! I would.... Freak out if I lost that! I'm so proud!!!!!!!!!! And... 32 push-ups is ridiculous. I htink I can do 11? I'm starting a thing where every time I work out I run on the treadmill at 5.5 mph at an incline of 3 for as long as I can. Yesterday was my first day and I did 10 whole minutes! Your blog motivates me more than anything! My parents also say good luck!

    ReplyDelete